HELLO EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wow! It's been a long time since I've blogged! 2012 was a super busy and wonderful year! I excepted an awesome job back in my hometown of Houston and made the move from East Texas in April. My side cupcake business has been keeping me busy when I'm not working then with holidays and family the year just pretty much flew by, but I'm back and ready to share some yummy recipes with you! The first recipe that I want to share with you on this New Years Day is super easy, delicious and makes a great addition to that game day meal.
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
- 2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cup(s) of cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2/3 cup(s) of Julio’s sauce (mild)
- 1/3 cup(s) of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 Tbsp. of Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Whisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Combine chicken, shredded cheeses and sauce.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture .
- Tightly roll up taquito and place on baking sheet with parchment paper; repeat until chicken is gone.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping and enjoy.