What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (16 oz) can Old El Paso refried beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Old El Paso enchilada sauce (medium heat, you'll only use 5 oz)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 10 flour tortillas
- Vegetable Oil for deep-frying
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce and spices. Heat through. Begin heating about 4 inches of vegetable oil in a dutch oven or other large heavy pan to 350 degrees F.
- Warm tortillas, transfer meat mixture to the center of each tortilla and fold the tortilla tucking in the ends making a closed packet resembling an over sized Chinese egg roll, secure using a wooden toothpick. Deep fry Chimichangas until golden brown about 3 to 5 min, turn the chimis to fry them evenly. Drain of grease and remove toothpicks before serving.
- Top with chili con queso and sour cream, serve with your favorite mexican rice. Enjoy!