are you in the mood for lasagna but not the same ol italian kind... well this mexican lasagna recipe was a big hit when i made it for a potluck dinner i was attending results = no leftovers!
yep... it's that good! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp hot salsa
- 4 c (16 oz) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 12 oz uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (16 oz) mild salsa
- 2 c water
- 2 c (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.