All the layers of clothing disappear and the flip flops appear![Well... some of us wear them all year round :)] When Spring time arrives it puts me in the mood for potato salad.. dunno why but it does and I feel like I could eat it everyday! Below I will be sharing a recipe from one of my favorite little places to eat in Tyler - The Potpourri House. Their potato salad is AH-MA-ZING! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 6-8 medium potatoes (cut into 1" cubes, cooked and cooled)
- 4 Tbsp red onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ of a bell pepper, diced
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ c Mayo
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp of liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- 5 pieces of hickory smoke bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Black Pepper
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add bacon, onions, and peppers.
- Stir together sour cream, mayo and next 4 ingredients until blended.
- Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the top of salad.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with a celery stick, if desired.