Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Potpourri House Potato Salad

It that time! Time for some yummy Potato Salad, BBQ's and lake side! I'm a lover of all seasons but there's just something about the transformation from winter to spring/summer that is just amazing! Sometimes I feel like a bear coming outta hibernation! lol.
All the layers of clothing disappear and the flip flops appear![Well... some of us wear them all year round :)] When Spring time arrives it puts me in the mood for potato salad.. dunno why but it does and I feel like I could eat it everyday! Below I will be sharing a recipe from one of my favorite little places to eat in Tyler - The Potpourri House. Their potato salad is AH-MA-ZING! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 medium potatoes (cut into 1" cubes, cooked and cooled)
  • 4 Tbsp red onions, diced
  • 2 Tbsp roasted red peppers, diced
  • ½ of a bell pepper, diced
  • ½ c sour cream
  • ¼ c Mayo
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp of liquid smoke
  • 1 tsp Worchester sauce
  • 5 pieces of hickory smoke bacon (cooked and crumbled)
  • Black Pepper

Directions:
  • Place potatoes in a large bowl.
  • Add bacon, onions, and peppers.
  • Stir together sour cream, mayo and next 4 ingredients until blended.
  • Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
  • Sprinkle black pepper over the top of salad. 
  • Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
  • Garnish with a celery stick, if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment