- ½ lb softened cheese
- 10¾ oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ c chopped onion
- ¼ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ c chopped celery
- 2 lb fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut up
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam broccoli for 10 minutes. In the meantime, saute celery, mushrooms, and onion in butter for 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine broccoli, saute mixture, and water chestnuts. Heat soup and softened cheese product in saucepan over low heat until cheese melts. Pour over broccoli mixture. Add garlic salt and pepper and combine.
- Place in greased casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle top with grated cheddar cheese the last 5 minutes of baking.