Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

I could sooooooooo eat Mac n Cheese every night! I made my self sick when I was a little girl by stuffing myself with mac n cheese because I was afraid I wouldn't get seconds and my big brother (Michael) would eat it all! Well needless to say I was up all night.. and it was quite a while before I ate any more, but I did try it again, just didn't pig out on it. Well ... to this day I could eat it every day just not in big helpings, I "try" to control myself lol :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 c uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
  • 8 oz American cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
  • 1 c whole milk
  • ½ c sour cream
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ c unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • ½ tsp salt
  • Bread Crumbs
  • Pepper to taste

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish; set aside.
  • In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. Return macaroni to saucepan.
  • While macaroni is hot, add the cheeses to the pan; stir well.
  • Spread the macaroni mixture in the prepared baking dish.
  • In a bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, butter, pepper and salt. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni. Top with bread crumbs.
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
  • Top with additional cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment