Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grilled Lemon and Garlic Asparagus

Asparagus! I didn't eat them when I was a little kid, matter-of-fact.. I didn't start eating them until 2yrs ago! Now I can't believe I've been missing out on this wonderful veggie for so long! I have several different ways I like to enjoy my asparagus and this is one way.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
  • Trim asparagus.
  • In a small bowl, combine oil, paprika, garlic, and lemon zest and stir with a fork.
  • Place asparagus in a casserole dish and pour mixture over asparagus. Toss until evenly covered.
  • Place in grilling basket. Cook to desired tenderness.  
  • Season with salt and pepper when finished grilling.

*Alternate method if you do not have a grilling basket: Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture.

*Also you can bake this in the oven. Line seasoned-oil coated asparagus on a foiled cookie sheet and bake on 350 degrees until it reaches the desired tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment