- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, paprika, garlic, and lemon zest and stir with a fork.
- Place asparagus in a casserole dish and pour mixture over asparagus. Toss until evenly covered.
- Place in grilling basket. Cook to desired tenderness.
- Season with salt and pepper when finished grilling.
*Alternate method if you do not have a grilling basket: Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture.
*Also you can bake this in the oven. Line seasoned-oil coated asparagus on a foiled cookie sheet and bake on 350 degrees until it reaches the desired tenderness.