- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 c half-n-half
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ c shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add flour and cook whisking constantly for 2 minutes. Gradually add half-n-half whisking constantly. Cook for 8-10 minutes whisking constantly or just until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and smooth.
- Serve with pasta, veggies, chicken, or seafood.