This recipe comes from Ashley Mwale. Ashley said, "the bread makes the difference, it's so moist" and "Yummy! is all I have to say about this dish!"
Thank you Ashley for sharing.
- 1 c Whole Milk
- 6 slices White Bread
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 c (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ tsp Seasoned Salt
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ c Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
- 4 whole Eggs Beaten
- 10 slices Thin/regular Bacon
- 1½ c Ketchup
- ⅓ c Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- Tabasco To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.