Sweet & Sour Chicken delivered to your door, how nice that must be! But... for some of us country bumpkins that don't have delivery available we have to make our own. This recipe is yummmo! You can make your own tweaks according to how much sauce you like or how sweet/sour etc. I'm sure you will love it either way and city folks.. you just might think twice about having it delivered!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c oil
- ¾ c sugar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- ½ c vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 green bell pepper, thickly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thickly chopped
- 1 large onion, thickly chopped
- 1/3 c canned pineapple, thickly chopped
- Dip chicken in cornstarch, then in egg.
- Fry until light brown but not cooked thoroughly.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
Add all sauce ingredientss together and cook the sauce on the stove top at a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it reduces and thickens.
Pour over chicken and bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes so it is evenly coated with the sauce. (Keep in mind, cooking time depends on how big you cut your pieces. Mine were done at 45...)Serve over rice.
*If you like extra sauce, double ingredients - pour half over the chicken, serve extra on the side. *