Friday, January 7, 2011

"Mom's Chicken n Dumplins"

mmm... I loved it when my mom would make Chicken'n'Dumplins, the aroma of the jalapeno, cavendar's greek seasoning and black pepper would carry up the stairs into my room and I just couldn't wait to eat! I cherish this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as well.

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 Boneless chicken breast or legs
  • 2 Jalapenos
  • 1 (16oz) Swanson chicken broth
  • 12 cups of water
  • 6 cans of refrigerated butter tasting biscuits (cut biscuits into fours)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3 Tbsp of Cavender's Greek seasoning
  • Black pepper to taste
  • Nonstick cooking spray
Directions:
  • Combine 8oz of the chicken broth and ½ cup of water. Sit aside.
  • Slice jalapenos in half remove seeds and stems. Julienne jalapenos. Sit aside. (Julienne ingredients by slicing them into thin pieces about the size of a matchstick.)
  • Grease baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Place chicken breast into baking dish, pour chicken broth and water over chicken. Sprinkle 1 ½ Tbsp of Cavender’s Greek seasoning over chicken, add jalapenos to pan. Cover pan with foil and bake chicken on 375 degrees until chicken is no longer pink. (Each oven vary’s keep an eye on it.) When chicken is cooked, let cool then shred chicken.
*Do not discard the stock, you will pour this into the pot with the biscuits.*

In stock pot combine the remaining ingredients: water, chicken broth, butter, Cavender’s Greek seasoning, cooked chicken stock, bring to a boil.
Add biscuits and shredded chicken. Simmer for 15 minuets or until dumplings are cooked.
Pepper to taste.

3 comments:

  1. A friend led me to your blog....and I LOVE it!! Copied your Chicken n Dumplings Recipe & hubby is going to fix it for dinner...LOL Have not had time to look at everything here, but right off, my hubby and I were loving the music!!! First thing in the morning, put us in a great mood!!! Thank you....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Thank you very much! I am excited to hear your opinon on my Chicken 'n' Dumplings! Also, if ya'll have any recipes you would like to share, send me an email and I'll post it!
    Again, thank you and Happy Cookin' Ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... making this AGAIN THE RIGHT WAY:) SMELLS AWESOME

    ReplyDelete