- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (8-inch) prebaked pie shell or crumb crust
- Lemon zest curls (optional)
*For Meringue recipe, refer to Icing under labels.*
- In medium bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, and zest; blend in egg yolks.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Pour Lemon Meringue Pie filling into baked pie shell.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of pie crust.
- Bake on 325 degrees for 12-15 mintues or until meringue is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Garnish with lemon zest curls, if desired. Store in refrigerator.